Sandy dunes, fresh sea air, waves crashing against the shore and cries of gulls epitomise the coast. Reminiscing of coastal holidays, the seaside has long presented itself as a classic inspiration for any interior. A strong trend that returns year on year, drawn from classic seaside scenes, the key to success with the nautical trend is all in the detail. From whitewashed furniture, breezy stripes to natural textures which are classically timeless and never date. Go bold by sticking to classic motifs such as anchors and shells or bring a subtle coastal feel to a room, with calming blues and crisp whites.
1. Sail Away Yacht, £29 – Atkin and Thyme
2. The Consul, from £1,174 – Delcor
3. Terrace 1 Light Pendant Antique Chrome, £63.50 – Där
4. Portsmouth Print Blue – Art of the Loom
5. Pimlico Linen Armchair, £429.00 – Atkin and Thyme
6. Hamble Stripe Blue – Art of the Loom